by Black Catte
Jill Abramson, the latest EMT wheeled out to provide life support for Clinton’s clinically dead reputation, is telling us via the Guardian (where else?) that “this may shock you: Hillary Clinton is fundamentally honest”
Well, Jill (I’m assuming first name terms since we’re all girls together here), I have to say it doesn’t shock me at all. If I were shocked every time some erstwhile well respected commenters, such as yourself, elected to spout morally and intellectually specious clickbait I’d never get anything done.
It’s not shocking, Jill. It’s just not true. And since you claim to have spent many years fearlessly tracking Clinton’s seedy and nefarious deeds – Whitewater and all – you must be well aware of this.
Or maybe you just plum forgot? After all it’s been a while, and none of us are getting any younger.
So, here’s a few reminders about why all those silly old “Hillary is a liar” vids are out there on Facebook.
- She had her role in the Honduran coup of 2009 removed from the paperback edition of her memoirs.
- Massive and obvious corruption during her time as Secretary of State.
- Backed the invasion of Iraq on the back of proven lies and fabrications, and then pretended she had never supported the action.
- Lied – sorry, “mis-spoke” – about coming under sniper fire on an official visit to Bosnia.
- Claimed to have been “instrumental” in bringing peace to Northern Ireland, a claim which all the players involved have since totally refuted.
- During her days as an attorney, she defended a child-rapist she knew to be guilty, vilified his 12 year old victim, and then laughed about it.
See, Jill, even among her political peers (a group not known for its honesty and integrity), Hillary is noteworthy as an unscrupulous, self-serving, compulsive (and psychopathically incompetent) purveyor of terminological inexactitude. Even in Washington she stands out as a moral blank.
Think about that.
PS – I think Vince Foster might also have a few items to draw to you attention on this matter. Except he can’t, of course. Because he’s dead.
But of course you know all this. You know you have no material to help sell the line you’ve been asked to take, which is why your piece is nothing but a loose crochet of generalities and allusions. Seeking to persuade the gullible that black is actually white.
Are you happy with the way it turned out? Are you happy to have that sad and lukewarm defence of this dangerous lunatic hang on your reputation?
Or are you ashamed in the depths of your soul?
I really hope so. if not now then later.