This comment, written by one of our editors, was censored by the Guardian. Which of the well-publicised CiF “community standards” did it breach?
Comment removed from “Why do people dislike Hillary Clinton”
Snapshot of where it was:
It should be noted that every single one of the claims made is true. It’s also interesting to note the title of this article was actually edited after publication – the original title can be seen here in this tweet from Deborah Orr:
Why do people dislike Hillary Clinton? The story goes far back https://t.co/H9gto1bkby
— Deborah Orr (@DeborahJaneOrr) October 18, 2016
- Does it “misrepresent the Guardian and its journalists”?
- Is it “persistent trolling or mindless abuse”?
- Is it “spam-like”? Or “obviously commercial”?
- Is it “racism, sexism, homophobia or hate-speech”?
- Is it “extremely offensive of threatening?”?
- Is it “flame-wars based on ingrained partisanship or generalisations”?
- Is it not “relevant”?
If none of the above – why was it taken down?