The following comments – sent in to us by a reader – were censored by The Guardian. Which of the well-publicised CiF “community standards” did they breach?
Removed comments, posted under the “Politics Live Blog” on December 5th 2019:
(This one was more than removed, it was deleted without a trace).
…and another from December 9th:
So: Which of the Guardian’s “community standards” did these comments break?
- Do they “misrepresent the Guardian and its journalists”?
- Are they “persistent trolling or mindless abuse”?
- Are they “spam-like”? Or “obviously commercial”?
- Are they “racism, sexism, homophobia or hate-speech”?
- Are they “extremely offensive or threatening?”?
- Are they “flame-wars based on ingrained partisanship or generalisations”?
- Are they not “relevant”?
If none of the above – why were they taken down?