The WMSM have carried blanket coverage of the UN Aid Convoy attack repeating US accusations blaming Russia and Syrian based solely on the claims of the White Helmets
The attack on the UN aid convoy seems to mark the end of the Syrian ceasefire as the Syrian government announced it will resume attacks on the IS and its various al-Qaida-linked militant factions who failed to comply with the seven-day cease-fire agreement brokered by the US and Russia. So far the only claim of the perpetrators of the attack comes from a video filmed by the White Helmets. The US accusations, backed by no clear independent evidence, comes just days after it admitted on September 18th it killed over 80 and injured more than another 100 Syrian troops in an attack it called a “mistake”. A mistake which allowed IS to go immediately on the offensive and attack the city of Aleppo where not surprisingly the attack on the UN aid convoy has taken place. Churkin said the timing of the US airstrike was “frankly suspicious” as it came two days before the US and Russia were supposed under the ceasefire agreement to begin joint planning for air operations against IS and the former Nusra front, Jabhat Fatah al-Sham, deemed to be terrorist groups by both states.
Further to the US admission of killing Syrian government troops in error during the ceasefire they are now attempting to spread the blame out across all western coalition partners including Britain, Denmark and Australia. This follows a common thread of continued obfuscation by the US of their war on terror in Syria which they seem to be strangely running in reverse i.e. attacking government forces and doing nothing to disable the terrorist IS forces. For months the US has found it impossible to separate its so called moderate opposition from IS terrorists/al-Nusra, al-Qaida-linked militant factions. Using this time period to target IS where possible, something you might think they would do, but instead to allow them to regroup and rearm. Very strange for warriors against terror don’t you think?
The Syrian ceasefire came into effect on September 12, 2016. Under terms of the agreement, the successful completion of seven days of calm and humanitarian aid deliveries would be followed by an ambitious second-stage plan to set up a joint U.S. Russian coordination centre to plan military strikes against IS and their various al-Qaida-linked militant factions. It appears that all this is now in jeopardy. With the sudden accusations made by US state department spokesman John Kirby who said,
The destination of this convoy was known to the Syrian regime [my emphasis] and the Russian federation and yet these aid workers were killed in their attempt to provide relief to the Syrian people.
He went on to say:
The United States will raise this issue directly with Russia. Given the egregious violation of the cessation of hostilities we will reassess the future prospects for cooperation with Russia.
It appears the US is falling back on its time-honoured strategy of shoot first ask questions later which it has utilised on many occasions to manipulate opinion through false media claims.
This story pretty much verbatim has been reproduced across all the WMSM Reuters, BBC, Fox News, Al Jazeera, Guardian etc. If you have not done so watch the White Helmets video and notice we are not shown any Trucks just a few bits of things we are told is aid and a burnt out car. For a more balanced sitrep and altogether different angle see this RT report.
According to Al Jazeera [emphasis added]:
The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said at least 32 people were killed in dozens of air strikes launched in and around Aleppo after the truce officially came to an end at 1600 GMT. The war monitor said that the aid lorries made a routine delivery to an area west of Aleppo city and were hit near the town of Urm al-Kubra, killing 12 people.
Which appears to go against the statement in the same report by Staffan de Mistura, the UN Special Envoy for Syria, denounced the air raid [emphasis added]:
Our outrage at this attack is enormous…The convoy was the outcome of a long process of permission and preparations to assist isolated civilians,
Either the convoy was the result of long preparations whose movement unfortunately coincided with the ending of the ceasefire or it was a routine delivery. Remember we are told it was the “Syrian regime” not IS who has committed this act. Remember IS are the terrorists who tend to target civilians in pursuit of their objectives.
Who are the White Helmets?
Not surprisingly again this incident which so far has not been attributed conclusively to any of the forces operating in Syria is being framed for the media by the White Helmets. As highlighted above the use by Kirby of the phrase “Syrian regime” is instructive as he is referring to the legitimate government of Syria. It is the same phrase used in the White Helmets video release; remember that the White Helmets claim to be apolitical regarding Syrian claiming not to take sides.
According to the White Helmets fund-raising website they are separate from the Syrian Civil Defence but they think the SCD do amazing work. Who are they? Different organisations or the same? Weird don’t you think?
Their Wikipedia entry states they are both the same organisation.
It seems whoever they are, they fulfil the same function for US intelligence as Bellingcat or the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (both nothing more than UK-based bloggers in actual fact) who provide convenient content which is designed to push a ready-made agenda – in other words propaganda.
To understand the connection here between the White Helmets and Al Jazeera read this report written in September last year at Global Research.
Then watch the Al Jazeera report on the Aid Convoy Attack.
Throughout all this blanket coverage designed to make us believe it is Russia and the Syrian Government who are to blame for this terrible event, no one has mentioned IS remember these are terrorist forces we are talking about here, terrorists who have just gone on the offensive against the Syrian Government troops in Aleppo. Is it omission by intent by the US government and their corporate media cohorts?