by Eric Zuesse
Here are the 34 reasons I will vote for Trump:
- “Hillary Clinton’s Six Foreign-Policy Catastrophes”
- “Hillary Clinton the hawk, and the Honduran coup”
- “I’m a Bernie Sanders Voter: Here’s Why I’ll Vote Trump”
- “Hillary Clinton: A Threat to All Humanity.”
- “Red-Light Warning On Now About Hillary Clinton”
- “Here’s Why Hillary Won’t Allow Her Corporate Speeches to Be Published”
- “Hillary Clinton’s Global-Burning Record”
- “We’re out of time on climate change. And Hillary Clinton helped get us here”
- “Hillary Clinton Is Backed by Major Republican Donors”
- “Wall Street gives Hillary Clinton $27M”
- “Tim Kaine Calls To Deregulate Banks As He Campaigns To Be Clinton’s VP”
- “Hillary Clinton Exposed Part 1 – How She Aggressively Lobbied for Mega Corporations”
- “Hillary v. Bernie: Their Two Opposite Views of the Presidency”
- “Hillary Clinton Backs Fast-Track on Obama’s Trade Deals”
- “Hillary’s Record: Pretending to Oppose Trade Agreements”
- “Hillary Clinton Oversaw US Arms Deals to Clinton Foundation Donors”
- “Neocon Kagan Endorses Hillary Clinton”
- “Neoconservatives Declare War on Trump”
- “U.S. Foreign Policy ‘Elites’ Eagerly Await Expansion Of Overseas Wars Under Hillary Clinton”
- “Hillary the Hawk: A History”
- “Jonathan Turley on the Laureate International Universities Scam”
- “Hillary Clinton’s Connections to the Oil and Gas Industry”
- “Clinton Supported and Enabled Tax Evasion”
- “To Protect Hillary Clinton, Democrats Wage War on Their Own Core Citizens United Argument”
- “Why Hillary Clinton’s Email Case Is Still Not Closed”
- “Hillary Clinton’s Email Operation Violated At Least Six Criminal Laws”
- “Hillary, Trump, and War with Russia”
- “Hillary Clinton Lying for 13 Minutes Straight”
- “CNN Stunned When Fact Checkers Confirm”
- “Undercover Footage Shows Clinton Operatives Admit To Inciting ‘Anarchy’ At Trump Rallies”
- “2006 Audio Emerges of Hillary Clinton Proposing Rigging Palestine Election”
- “Hillary Clinton’s security detail laughed when she broke her elbow”
- “Hillary Clinton Is Evil!”
- “Why I Won’t Vote for Hillary Clinton | Evan Edinger” (but then he changes his mind on that)
TO CLOSE: Evan Edlinger will vote for Hillary against Trump because he thinks that whereas Hillary’s actual track-record of policies (not mere statements) in public office have been horrific, Trump’s bad statements and lack of any track-record in public office at all, make Trump even worse. That’s what he thinks. I think it makes Trump better — the better choice — as opposed to the proven evil and catastrophically harmful public official, Hillary Clinton. Edlinger is preferring an evil record as a public official, to no record as a public official. Edlinger fails to make two crucial distinctions: One is that he fails to distinguish between mere political statements, versus actual political policies carried out as a public official (which show Hillary to be a proven neocon and tool of Wall Street); and the other is his failing to distinguish between a bad record in a person’s private or business affairs, versus a bad record as an actual public official. Only the bad record as a public official should be absolutely disqualifying — and that’s Clinton, not Trump, who has a horrific record as a public official.
Trump has no record at all as a public official. Edlinger at 1:30 in his video says that when he contemplates voting for Hillary,”There’s always one thing that comes in the way, and that’s trust.” He says he doesn’t trust her — but what he doesn’t actually “trust” is her words; when he says he’ll vote for her, he’s simply ignoring her actions, he’s ignoring the real person-as-a-public-official, the person who is shown and displayed beyond any reasonable doubt whatsoever. Proven selfishness in one’s private life is bad, but proven selfishness and evil in one’s public-office policies (such as “We came, we saw, he died. Ha, ha!”) is utterly disqualifying. I argued in my “I’m a Bernie Sanders Voter: Here’s Why I’ll Vote Trump”, that Trump could possibly turn out to be a progressive President; but, even if he turns out to be a bad President, he won’t, on balance, be as horrific as will a President Hillary Clinton. With Trump, there is reason to have some hope for the future of the world; with Clinton, there is reason to expect unprecedented horrors.
Investigative historian Eric Zuesse is the author, most recently, of They’re Not Even Close: The Democratic vs. Republican Economic Records, 1910-2010, and of CHRIST’S VENTRILOQUISTS: The Event that Created Christianity.
If you enjoy OffG's content, please help us make our monthly fund-raising goal and keep the site alive.
For other ways to donate, including direct-transfer bank details click HERE.