by Billy Six
Here is the text of the letter sent to the Trump organization in New York and to the White House, Washington DC, last Friday, November 25, 2016.
Dear Mr. Trump,
Your election has raised hopes that easing of tensions, between U.S. and Russia, and peacemaking in Europe in general is achievable. Settlement of the ongoing conflict in Eastern Ukraine and lifting the sanctions against Russia which is vital for the world community has a realistic chance now. With this in mind, there is also hope for a higher quality investigation into the disputed downing of MH17, as you expressed your doubts in an October 2015 interview, regarding the proof of Russian guilt:
“They say it wasn’t them. It may have been their weapon, but they didn’t use it, they didn’t fire it, they even said the other side fired it to blame them. I mean to be honest with you, you’ll probably never know for sure.“ (MSNBC)
Indeed, we agree with you, we will never be sure, with the kind of investigation we have seen over the past two years. The official investigation of the “Dutch Safety Board“ (DSB) and the “Joint Investigation Team“(JIT) was neither independent nor convincing. This kind of investigation forms a huge burden particularly to the families who lost their loved ones in the downing of MH17. They need to know the truth.
WE ARE ASKING YOU, TO PLEASE PUSH FOR A NEW INVESTIGATION. This could happen within an international framework like the U.N. comprising the following aspects:
(1) A team of international, independent scientists who would be able to exclude veto power for any government. This exclusion of veto is especially important, due to the overwhelming role of one of the involved parties, Ukraine. The main source of information to the DSB and JIT used for their official investigations was SBU, the Ukrainian secret service.
(2) Keeping all scenarios on the table.
(3) Declassifying and releasing “available satellite images” claimed by Secretary of State, John Kerry, on 20th of July 2014; or (if not) disclaiming their existence.
(4) Conducting forensic examination of impact holes (for metal residues) in the MH17 wreckage and reproducing the same pattern of damage by shelling tests (as usually done in crime cases). Completing key information fields, such as body forensics, voice recorder, radar data etc.
(5) Prior construction of, a clear path to an international, objective trial in the U.N. framework with judges from countries which are not connected with the crash.
FURTHERMORE, WE ARE ASKING YOU TO PLEASE INITIATE PEACE TALKS WITH ALL PARTIES CONCERNED (including but not limited to Russia, Ukraine, and the EU) aiming at settling the dispute and establishing a reconstruction plan for Eastern Ukraine including the compensation of the MH17 families.
Thank you so much, in advance, for your attention to this matter.
Independent journalists & experts on MH17,
- MARK BARTALMAI, journalist & Ukraine documentaries producer, GERMANY
- DR. THIERRY BAUDET, journalist, publicist & initiator of Dutch referendum on EU/Ukraine association agreement, NETHERLANDS
- BERND BIEDERMANN, missile defense colonel ret., military attaché ret. & book author, GERMANY
- CHRISTOPHER BLACK, international criminal lawyer, CANADA
- NORBERT FLEISCHER, investigative journalist, GERMANY
- PROF. DR. ELMAR GIEMULLA, lawyer of German MH17 victims, GERMANY
- DR. HERMANN HAGENA, airforce general ret. & author of MH17 military study, GERMANY
- PROF. DSC. OTTO-FRIEDRICH HAGENA, physicist, GERMANY
- PETER HAISENKO, journalist, publisher & former “Lufthansa” pilot, GERMANY
- JOHN HELMER, longest-serving foreign correspondent in Russia, UNITED STATES
- FRANK HÖFER, journalist & film producer, GERMANY
- DIETER KLEEMANN, airforce colonel / trainer ret. & book author, GERMANY
- PATRICK LANCASTER, investigative journalist with 100s of hours on MH17 site from day one & U.S. Navy veteran, UNITED STATES
- DR. JAMES O´NEILL, barrister on human rights & geopolitical analyst, AUSTRALIA
- JOOST NIEMÖLLER, journalist & MH17 book author, NETHERLANDS
- GRAHAM PHILLIPS, investigative journalist, UNITED KINGDOM
- PROF. DR. KEES VAN DER PIJL, political scientist, peace activist & author, NETHERLANDS
- HECTOR REBAN, political analyst & blogger on MH17, NETHERLANDS
- NORBERT K. REISBERG, Lt.-Col. ret., airforce pilot ret. & military scientist, GERMANY
- DAN SHEPPARD, private MH17 researcher, AUSTRALIA
- JOACHIM SIEGERIST, journalist, publisher & author, GERMANY
- BILLY SIX, investigative journalist & book author, GERMANY
- MAX VAN DER WERFF, blogger & private MH17 investigator, NETHERLANDS
- PROF. KAREL VAN WOLFEREN, journalist, political analyst & book author, NETHERLANDS
- MOHD AZAHAR ZANUDIN, technician, supplier for army/police & blogger on MH17, MALAYSIA