DISCUSSION THREAD: what does Trump’s ditching of the Iran nuclear agreement mean?
How do we interpret Trump’s decision to junk the nuclear deal with Iran?
- Is it simply more neocon warmongering and/or an attempt to please/appease Israel/Saudi Arabia?
- Why is the EU/UK refusing to go along with it at present?
- Is there a serious chance of war between Iran and the US/Israel, given that Syria remains unconquered?
- Are the US/Israel militarily up to such a task?
- How would such a large scale commitment of manpower and money go over domestically in a US that is sufering the extremes of economic hardship in many areas?
- What would Russia’s response be to any acts of overt military aggression toward Iran?
- Are there perhaps other, more complex, agendas here that aren’t obvious or clear at this time?
Feel free to discuss all this and more…
can you spare $1.00 a month to support independent media
OffGuardian does not accept advertising or sponsored content. We have no large financial backers. We are not funded by any government or NGO. Donations from our readers is our only means of income. Even the smallest amount of support is hugely appreciated.